Without religion out of the way, bereaved families can enjoy a lot of free play, in planning and staging a non-religious (free thinker) funeral service. Hence such secular funerals should ideally centre around celebrating the deceased earthly life, taking into consideration his personality and lifestyle. However, family and ethnic traditions can come into play too. For example, more traditional Chinese families may require that Chinese funeral traditions be followed while their English educated counterparts may prefer a setup closer to that of a Christian funeral. As such, providing a representative price quote for non-religious funeral services is difficult. The elaborateness of the funeral setup can vary significantly from funeral to funeral. That said, to provide you a meaningful gauge, we have pegged the rates here to that for a typical christian funeral service. If a more elaborate arrangement is required, do contact us for a customised quote.
Overview of Our Non-Religious Funeral Services Package
Upon receiving your instructions, we will ferry your deceased loved one to our premises to prepare the body for the funeral wake. Rest assured that we will exercise utmost care when transferring the body. At our premises, our trained mortician will cleanse and embalm the body before applying mortician make-up and giving your loved one a hairdo. The body will then be dressed in clothes provided by the family (we recommend using the deceased's favourite attire). Once completed, we will transport your loved one, back to the wake, in a casket but looking his very best.
At the wake, an 18-ft carpeted memorial tentage will be setup with curtains and surround canvas. No religious artefacts will be placed in the tentage as it is a non-religious funeral. To beautify the area, a white or beige table with fresh table top flower arrangements will be provided as well as an enlarged photo of your deceased loved one housed in a fresh flower lined photo frame.
We have also included a chartered aircon coach, to transfer the mourners to the crematorium and back. A Mercedes Benz glass hearse will be provided as well, to give the funeral that added touch of class
Our Non-Religious Funeral Packages (Detailed Breakdown)
The following is a detailed breakdown of what's provided with our non-religious (free-thinker) funeral service package. Everything that's needed for a dignified secular funeral is provided, including a Mercedes Benz glass hearse because your loved one deserves the most memorable final sent-off...
Secular Themed Wooden Casket
- A half glass wooden cremation casket decorated with appropriate non-religious (secular) ornamental decoration
Embalming and Casketing
- Ferry your loved one's body (with utmost care) to our premises for embalming, mortician make up and hair care.
- Dress the body in the deceased's favourite clothes (provided by the bereaved family) for casketing. Alternatively, we can supply the outfit but additional charges will apply.
- Transfer the casket to the wake
Casket Area Set Up
- Tentage setup with secular decoration backdrop, complete with surround canvas (2 pieces), curtains and carpeted flooring
- White or beige table with 2 fresh table top funeral flower arrangements
Tables and Chairs for the Wake
- 10 round tables
- 15 square tables
- 100 plastic chairs
Fans and Lighting
- 6 fans (2 standing and 4 table ones) for adequately ventilation
- General lighting for the wake
- 1 mobile toilet will be provided throughout the duration of the wake
Funeral Photo Setup
- 1 enlarged photo in 10 by 12 inches photo frame complete with floral lining
- 6 passport sized photos
Funeral Day Arrangements
- Mercedes Benz glass hearse to transfer casket to Mandai Crematorium for cremation
- 1 air con coach to ferry relatives and guest to Mandai Crematorium and back (i.e. round trip)
- Pall bearers on standby to carry and move the casket
- Cremation slot booking
- 1 guest reception table, registration book and safe
- $4,588 for a 3 day funeral
- $250 for each additional day thereafter, up to a maximum of 7 days in total
- The above package does not include food, snacks and/or drinks. If required, they will be charged based on actual amount consumed.
- The above price quote is valid for HDB void decks held funerals only. Funerals held in other locations (e.g. private homes or parlour) will be priced differently with the price difference due largely to the difference in tentage setup cost
- If a more elaborate setup is required, additional setup cost may be incurred
Why Choose Us?
More Than 20 Years Combined Experience
In a secular (free-thinker) funeral, there is no religious body to consult. Bereaved families are thus often uncertain, when it comes to the intricacies of arranging a funeral.
With more than 20 years of combined funeral industry experience behind us, we have organised many funerals and hence, amassed lots of ideas of how secular non religious funerals should be setup. With lots of free play allowed for such funerals, our experience will come in handy in ensuring a memorable funeral sent-off for your loved one.
Caring and Attentive Staff
Ideally, the duration of the wake is the time to properly more and grief over the passing of your loved one. However, the stress levels are unusually high during this time as well and little things going wrong can trigger tremendous frustrations and unbearable irritation.
We understand this, and as such, have trained all our staff to be understanding and especially attentive to all your funeral related needs. So no matter how big or small your troubles are, just let us know and we will do our very best to solve them.
Meticulously Sourced Funeral Supplies
Casket choice, tentage setup styles and flower arrangements etc. can play a large part in setting the right atmosphere for the wake. As such, all supplies we use in funerals we stage (including non-religious ones) are personally sourced by our funeral director. And because of his vast network of connections in the funeral trade, we are able to get these supplies at relatively cheap rates. These savings are then passed to you, our client in the form of lowly priced funeral packages. With FuneralServiceSingapore.org, will thus enjoy very affordably priced funeral services without having to compromise on quality.
How to Engage Us?
To get in touch with us, simply call our Funeral Services helpline at +65 6303 0655 or email us from our contact page. Our Funeral Consultants are on 24 hour standby to assist you.
84 Geylang Bahru Industrial Estate
+65 6303 0655