We offer affordably priced Soka funeral services from $4,588. Our setup is deliberately kept simple yet in accordance with the teachings of Nichiren Daishonin's Buddhism, which emphasises that enlightenment is derived from the power of Buddha and one’s own faith, centred around the Gohonzon.
Overview of Our Soka Funeral Package
Included in all our Soka funeral packages are essentials such as a wooden half glass cremation coffin, lined with appropriate ornamental decor. Embalming, mortician make up and hairdo, is also included to keep your loved one looking his very best throughout the duration of the wake.
An 18-ft white theme tentage with Soka backdrop, altar table for the placement of the Butsudan, together with some table top fresh flower arrangements plus an enlarged photo of your deceased loved one in a floral photo frame, completes the memorial hall setup.
A chartered aircon coach, to ferry the mourners to the crematorium as well as a Mercedes Benz glass hearse to transport the casket is also provided.
Our Soka Gakkai Funeral Packages (Detailed Breakdown)
The following is a detailed breakdown of what's included in our Soka Gakkai package. It essentially contains everything you need to hold a dignified Soka funeral...
Soka Themed Cremation Casket
- A half glass wooden cremation casket decorated with appropriate ornamental decoration
Embalming and Casketing
- Ferry your loved one's body (with utmost care) to our premises for embalming, mortician make up and hair care.
- Dress the body in the deceased's favourite clothes (provided by the bereaved family) for casketing. Alternatively, we can supply the outfit but additional charges will apply.
- Transfer the casket to the wake
Casket Area Set Up
- Tentage setup with Soka theme decoration, complete with surround canvas (2 pieces), curtains and carpeted flooring
- Alter table housing the Butsudan
- 2 fresh table top funeral flowers arrangements for altar table
Tables and Chairs for the Wake
- 10 round tables
- 15 square tables
- 100 plastic chairs
Fans and Lighting
- 6 fans (2 standing and 4 table ones) for adequately ventilation
- General lighting for the wake
- 1 mobile toilet will be provided throughout the duration of the wake
Funeral Photo Setup
- 1 enlarged photo in 10 by 12 inches photo frame complete with floral lining
- 6 passport sized photos
Funeral Day Arrangements
- Mercedes Benz glass hearse to transfer casket to the crematorium for cremation
- 1 air con coach to ferry relatives and guest (round trip)
- Pall bearers on standby to carry and move the casket
- Cremation slot booking
- 1 guest reception table, registration book and safe
- $4,588 for a 3 day funeral
- $250 for each additional day thereafter, up to a maximum of 7 days in total
- The above package does not include food, snacks and/or drinks. If required, they will be charged based on actual amount consumed.
- The above price quote is valid for HDB void decks held funerals only. Funerals held in other locations (e.g. private homes or parlour) will be priced differently with the price difference due largely to the difference in tentage setup cost
- If a more elaborate setup is required, additional setup cost may be incurred
Why Choose Us?
Familiarity With Soka Funeral Requirements
While the Soka Gakkai origins can be traced back to Nichiren Buddhist teachings, the Soka funeral setup is significantly different from that of Chinese buddhists funerals here in Singapore. The settings of a Soka funeral is comparatively simple, with a minimalist feel. It does away with many elaborate Buddhist rituals including the bestowing of kaimyo posthumous Buddhist names as well as chanting by ordained Buddhist priest.
However because the Soka Gakkai movement is relatively new compared to many mainstream religions in Singapore, not much is written about it's funeral practices. As such, having us as your funeral director is helpful; we are very familiar with Soka funeral requirements and can provide advise and guidance when needed.
24/7 Support and Guidance
Coping with the passing of a loved one is often not easy. It's natural to feel grief, stressed and at a loss. At such times, little things can easily trigger feeling of irritation and frustration. We understand this and that's why all our staff are trained to be extra caring and sensitive to all your funeral related needs.
With us as your funeral services provider, you are assured of 24/7 support and guidance. Whatever funeral related needs are, just inform us and we will do our utmost to fulfil your wishes.
Meticulously Sourced Funeral Supplies
Ornamental decor and floral arrangements often make or break the setup of a funeral. The choice of funeral supplies used can go a long way in producing the solemn atmosphere appropriate for the chanting rituals that we see at Soka Gakkai funerals.
As such at FuneralServiceSingapore.org, all funeral supplies, including funeral ornaments and flower arrangements, are personally selected by our funeral services director. And because of his vast network of suppliers, he is able to secure these items at relatively cheap rates; these savings are then passed to you through the low rates we charge for our Soka funeral service package.
How to Engage Us?
To get in touch with us, simply call our Funeral Services helpline at +65 6303 0655 or email us from our contact page. Our Funeral Consultants are on 24 hour standby to assist you.
84 Geylang Bahru Industrial Estate
+65 6303 0655