Taoist funeral services have traditionally been more elaborate when compared to other Chinese funerals. And funeral traditions tend to differ slightly, depending on the deceased dialect group as well. As such, engaging a funeral undertaker like us, familiar in Taoist funeral rituals is thus important.
Overview of Our Taoist Funeral Services
Upon getting your confirmation to proceed, we will ferry your deceased loved one with utmost care, to our embalming theatre for the usual body preparation (i.e. embalming, make up, hairdo, dressing and casketing). A half glass Taoist theme cremation coffin will be provided, along with the usual pearl, pillow and blanket.
An 18-ft beige Taoist theme tentage cum memorial hall will be provided to hold the casket. An altar with fresh flower table top arrangements and incense holder completes the whole setup. The setting will be conducive for relatives and friends to offer a burned incense while paying their last respect.
Included in our Taoist packages are chanting and encoffining ritual sessions, lead by an ordained Taoist priest from the same dialect group as your loved one. And for the final night ritual, up to 5 priest will be in attendance, to ensure strict adherence to the your loved one’s dialect group prescribed Taoist funeral rituals. Paper offerings including a 6 ft mansion plus jade girl and golden boy are also part of the package.
On funeral day, a Mercedes Benz glass hearse will be on hand to ferry the casket to the place of interment. Relatives and friends can follow the hearse in a comfortable 45 seater aircon coach.
Our Taoist Funeral Packages (Detailed Breakdown)
The following is a detailed breakdown of what's provided in our Taoist funeral service package. It includes all the essentials including paper mansion, golden boy, jade girl and funeral lanterns with surname and age inscriptions...
Taoist Style Wooden Casket
- A half glass wooden cremation casket decorated with appropriate Taoist ornamental decoration
Embalming and Casketing
- Ferry your loved one's body (with utmost care) to our premises for embalming, mortician make up and hair care.
- Dress the body in the deceased's favourite clothes (provided by the bereaved family) for casketing. Alternatively, we can supply the outfit but additional charges will apply.
- Casketing, with Taoist heaven and earth blanket, pillow and pearl
- Transfer of casket to the wake
Casket Area Set Up
- A 18-ft beige themed Taoist Tentage setup, complete with surround canvas (2 pieces), curtains and carpeted flooring
- A Taoist chanting altar
- 2 fresh table top funeral flower arrangements for altar table
- Taoist style chanting prayers played at wake
Taoist Chanting Services
- 1 ordained Taoist priest to chant during encoffining and on funeral day itself
- Depending on the deceased dialect group, 3 to 5 Taoist priest will be present for the last night ritual
- Taoist religious altar setup
- 6-ft tall handcrafted paper mansion
- Gold and silver mountains
- Golden Boy and Jade Maiden
- Funeral Lanterns (style and soul lanterns)
Tables and Chairs for the Wake
- 10 round tables
- 15 square tables
- 100 plastic chairs
Fans and Lighting
- 6 fans (2 standing and 4 table ones) for adequately ventilation
- General lighting for the wake
- 1 mobile toilet will be provided throughout the duration of the wake
Funeral Photo Setup
- 1 enlarged photo in 10 by 12 inches photo frame complete with floral lining
- 6 passport sized photos
Funeral Day Arrangements
- Mercedes Benz hearse to transfer casket to Mandai Crematorium for cremation
- 1 air con coach to ferry relatives and guest to Mandai Crematorium
- Pall bearers on standby to carry and move the casket
- 40 sets of token gift (towel and coin) for guest
- Floral water pails
Post Funeral Followup
- Ash collection
- Customary 7, 49 & 100 day prayer advise as well as 1st year and 3rd prayer reminders, if required
- Cremation slot booking
- 1 guest reception table, registration book and safe
- Mourning badges
- $7,588 for a 3 day funeral
- $250 for each additional day thereafter, up to a maximum of 7 days in total
- The above package does not include food, snacks and/or drinks. If required, they will be charged based on actual amount consumed.
- The above price quote is valid for HDB void decks held funerals only. Funerals held in other locations (e.g. private homes or parlour) will be priced differently with the price difference due largely to the difference in tentage setup cost
- If a more elaborate setup is required, additional setup cost may be incurred
- Ceremonial items e.g. candles, joss sticks, joss paper funeral clothings etc are billed separately, if required
- Food offering charges will vary depending on the decease dialect group and are not provided for in the quotation above
Why Choose Us?
Taoist Funeral Experts
Very little has been written about Taoist funeral services, whether online or in books. As such, with each passing generation, customs and traditions of old are forgotten, with funerals becoming increasingly simplified. Yet, to ensure your loved one gets the benefit of a proper sent-off, a rightly conducted Taoist funeral, following the rites and rituals laid down by your clan or dialect group, is a must. And that’s where we can help. Our team has a collective experience of more than 20 years, helping Singapore Taoist families of all dialect groups arrange funerals for their loved ones. We are thus extremely familiar with all the ritual and customs needed to make your deceased love one’s funeral both meaningful and memorable.
Dedicated and Helpful Staff
Having gone through the funerals of our own loved ones, we understand your loss, grief and stress. As such, our funeral executives are trained to be attentive and sensitive to your every need. With us, no task is too big or small. If it’s important to you, we will do our utmost to make it happen. More importantly, we have a 24/7 dedicated helpline; no matter the time or day, we are always just a phone call away.
Specially Sourced Funeral Supplies
Funeral supplies including ornament decors are what makes a Taoist funeral standout. From the casket design to memorial hall layout, these supplies add a touch of class to the setup of a Taoist funeral. At FuneralServiceSingapore.org, our funeral director therefore takes it upon himself to personally source for these Taoist funeral supplies. And because of his large network of suppliers, he is able to get his hands on quality items that are affordably priced. These cost savings are then passed down to you in the form of the low prices we charge for our funeral packages.
How to Engage Us?
To get in touch with us, simply call our Funeral Services helpline at +65 6303 0655 or email us from our contact page. Our Funeral Consultants are on 24 hour standby to assist you.
84 Geylang Bahru Industrial Estate
+65 6303 0655